Monday, June 7, 2010

How often should I post my blog?

That was my question. How often should one post to a blog? What is the recommended frequency. So, I went to google (still prefer google over ask, bing, yahoo, and all the rest). In google I did a simple search on the expression "How often should I post my blog?"

One (less than helpful) article suggested not posting too much and not posting too little. I kinda think that bloglet was posted to meet some daily quota.

Another article suggested the following pattern:
  • 3-5 times a day for your super bloggers
  • 1 (once) a day for good steady growth of your blog
  • 2-3 times a week if you are serious at all
  • less than 2-3 times a week for someone that is just playing around (i.e. not serious about traffic)
I didn't see any listing for once every couple months.

So, until further notice, based on the dozen or so articles I've looked at I think trying for once a day with a few days missed because of god only knows what interruptions will be a good plan.

Okay, now let's see how that goes......